Barbers Crescent, Rawmarsh,Rotherham, S62 6AD
Telephone: 01709 430420
Executive Head of Centre: Gillian Harrison M.A. B.Ed (Hons)
Under the new data protection law (GDPR), individuals have a right to be informed about how schools use personal data. We comply with this right by providing privacy notices to pupils and their families. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and store your personal data.
Rawmarsh Nursery School and Children's Centre, Barbers Crescent, Rawmarsh, S62 6AD is the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of data protection law.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Tim Pinto, The E-Safety Office
What data is collected?
The categories of personal information that we process include the following:
- Personal Information (such as name, date of birth , unique pupil number, contact details and address)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, 30 hour funding and pupil premium eligibility)
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement
- Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) information (such as any needs the pupil has)
- Medical and administration (such as doctors information, your health, allergies, medication and dietary requirements
- Attendance (such as sessions attended, number of absences, reasons for absences and any previous schools the pupil has attended)
- Assessment and attainment
- CCTV images captured within school premises
Why we collect and use this information
We collect and use your information for the following reasons:
- To support pupil learning
- To monitor and report on pupil progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our services
- To keep pupils safe
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
Rawmarsh Nursery School and Children’s Centre holds the legal right to collect and use personal data relating to pupils and their families, and we may also receive information regarding them from their previous setting, LA and/or the DfE. We collect and use personal data in order to meet legal requirements and legitimate interests set out in the GDPR and UK law, including those in relation to the following:
- Article 6 and Article 9 of the GDPR
- Education Act 2011
- Section 3 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013
How we store your information
We hold your personal information securely for the set amount of time shown in the school’s Records Management Policy. For more information about how we keep your information safe, please see the centre’s GDPR Data Protection policy.
Who we share your information with
The centre is required to share children’s data with the following:
- The LA
- The DfE
- Schools that you go to after leaving us
This is for the purposes of the school census and admissions requirements. For more information about the data collection requirements placed on us by the Department for Education (DfE) please go to https://www.gov.uk/education/data-collection-and-censuses-for-schools . We also use third party processors for our text service, website, photographer and the schools assessment database. Where the centre outsources data to a third party processor; the same data protection standards that we uphold is imposed on the processor. We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law allows us to do so.
CCTV – Crime Prevention and monitoring
CCTV is used for maintaining the security of the property and premises, safeguarding children and for preventing and investigating crime. For these reasons the information is processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees, service providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
What are your rights?
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data that we hold.
- Request inaccurate information is amended
- Object to the processing of your information that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress.
- Where processing of your data is based on your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. This will not affect any personal data that has been processed prior to withdrawing consent
If you are concerned about the way we are collecting or using your information, please raise your concern with the centre’s Data Protection Officer named above in the first instance. You can also contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .
How can you find out more information?
If you require further information about how we and/or the DfE store and use your personal data, please visit our website, rawmarshnurseryandchildrenscentre.com and download our Data Protection Policy