Are you interested in volunteering your time at Rawmarsh Children’s Centre?
We have 4 different types of volunteer activities for you to become involved in provided you have time to spare each week to be part of our team.
Volunteers will be given a full induction and an enhanced CRB check will be undertaken as this role involves working with children
Child Focus Groups:
- To work as part of the children’s centre team with emphasis on supporting activities for children and their families.
- To participate in providing age appropriate activities that allows parent and child interaction within a community environment, whilst providing support and encouragement to parents.
- To participate in developing session plans with the contribution of ideas.
- To help with the setting up and clearing away of equipment and resources.
Children’s Centre Advisory Board
- To promote high quality service delivery which is in line with the Children’s Centre Core Offer.
- To promote quality and best practice in Children’s Centre Services.
- To ensure Children’s Centre services are not hard to reach and are accessible to all, particularly to the most vulnerable and excluded families.
- Attend monthly meetings (usually for approx. 2 hours).
- Plan and organise future events.
- Help out within events.
- Offer breastfeeding information to pregnant women.
- Befriend and support breastfeeding women within the groups.
- Promote breastfeeding in the community.
FOR FULL DESCRIPTIONS OF EACH ROLE PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION.